The Way We Worship
- We pray together aloud because in the Bible we read, "They lifted up their voice to God with one accord" (Acts 4:24).
- We lift our hands in praise because in the Bible we read, "Lift up your hands in the sanctuary, and bless the Lord" (Psalm 134:2).
- We sing with all our hearts because in the Bible we read, "Make a joyful noise unto the LORD, all the earth: make a loud noise, and rejoice, and sing praise" (Psalm 98:4).
- We play musical instruments because in the Bible we read, "And all the house of Israel played before the LORD on all manner of instruments" (2 Samuel 6:5). "Praise him with the sound of the trumpet: praise him with the psaltery and harp" (Psalm 150:3; 98:6).
- We clap and shout unto God because in the Bible we read, "O clap your hands, all ye people; shout unto God with the voice of triumph" (Psalm 47:1).
- We dance before the LORD because in the Bible we read, "Praise Him with the timbrel and dance: praise Him with stringed instruments and organs" (Psalm 150:4).
- We testify publicly because in the Bible we read, "I will declare thy name unto my brethren; in the midst of the congregation will I praise thee" (Psalm 22:22).
- We anoint with oil for divine healing because in the Bible we read, "Is any sick among you? Let him call for the elders of the church; and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord" (James 5:14).
- We allow the operation of the spiritual gifts because in the Bible we read, "When ye come together, every one of you hath a psalm, hath a doctrine, hath a tongue, hath a revelation, hath an interpretation" (1 Corinthians 14:26).
"Let everything that hath breath praise the LORD. Praise ye the LORD" (Psalm 150:6). "Sing unto the Lord with the harp; with the harp, and the voice of a psalm" (Psalm 98:4)
JOIN IN with us as we praise and worship God together in Spirit and in truth!!
(Taken from the Word Aflame Press tract "The Way We Worship"- #6602
www.upci.org). All references are taken from the King James Version (KJV).